[lbo-talk] Marketing the military image in Russia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 07:35:59 PDT 2004

He has a Soviet patent. The Soviets paid inventors on a one-off basis, I think, 100 rubles or so. Kalashnikov may not even have gotten that. There was no system of royalties as far as I know, if that's the proper term in intellectual property law. Kalashnikov says he came up with the idea after soldiers complained to him that the Germans had automatics and the Red Army had only single-shooters. He says he did it all out of patriotism. He's also almost deaf from all the test-firing (and age).