[lbo-talk] what's the WSJ?

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Sep 21 08:55:31 PDT 2004

I understand post-modern naming and all that, but aren't Paris' mumsy and dada a hair stupid, too? "Paris" is a guy!

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:23 AM To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] what's the WSJ?

New York Daily News - September 21, 2004

Daily Dish

Paris not into Journal-ism

Luckily for us, it seems that Paris Hilton has time to read only newspapers that have big pictures.

When Paris and Merle Ginsberg, her co-author on her autobiography, "Confessions of an Heiress," ran into each other at Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills on Friday, Ginsberg congratulated the party princess on reaching No. 5 on The Wall Street Journal's best-seller list.

"What's The Wall Street Journal? Is that good?" Paris asked.

Ginsberg, unfazed, replied: "Paris, you don't need to know what The Wall Street Journal is. Let's just say you're bigger than Bill Clinton."

Now we know why a copy editor on the project was chastised for "trying to make the book sound smart." The editor told us at the Fashion Week party for Paris' book at Lot 61 that she had to dumb it down because higherups wanted it "to be realistic." ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk