[lbo-talk] Sexual self-expression

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 08:53:57 PDT 2004

--- joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to express love when you are
> encumbered from the
> beginning by a script (S/M, etc.)? specific
> expectations? specific
> roles? Or is love essentially free and open?

Million dollar questions...all of them. I doubt we will ever find love or sex or desire untainted by the "other", no matter what system we live under. Nonetheless, electronic media permeates to the cellular level and disengaging from it is a tricky affair and leads to discussions such as this one. We can never be quite sure whether the japanese lolitas are following their "own" desire or that of some media agent. Probably it is a mixture of both.

Thomas

===== The real world gives the subset of what is; the product space represents the uncertainty of the observer. The product space may therefore change if the observer changes; and two observers may legitimately use different product spaces within which to record the same subset of actual events in some actual thing. The "constraint" is thus a relation between observer and thing; the properties of any particular constraint will depend on both the real thing and on the observer. It follows that a substantial part of the theory of organization will be concerned with properties that are not intrinsice to the thing but are relational between observer and thing.

W. Ross Ashby