[lbo-talk] US Campaign| Defend Academic Freedom

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Sep 21 11:13:23 PDT 2004

Okay, I'll refrain. It was just too tempting when I saw the "my brain automatically translates" thing...

Here's (maybe) an interesting question: Why does the MSA insist on starting this petition in this manner? Do they recognize that co-habitation and even collaboration with infidels is necessary, that the whole world is never going to become Muslim? One reason I won't sign their petition is I don't want to risk supporting religious fascists, here, there, or anywhere. The opening line smacks of that.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:40 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] US Campaign| Defend Academic Freedom

Michael Dawson wrote:

>When Muslims say "In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most
>Merciful" in letters and the like, my brain automatically translates
>it into "Greetings and Salutations!"
>--
>Yoshie
>
>...confirming your botness.

You can disagree with Yoshie without repeatedly calling her a bot.