[lbo-talk] US Campaign| Defend Academic Freedom

Liza Featherstone lfeather at panix.com
Tue Sep 21 12:38:18 PDT 2004

I think that if people are working toward a common left purpose, the religious folks should tolerate the infidels but also vice versa. We have any evidence that in invoking a God of some sort, this organization is endorsing "religious fascism."

Sure it would have been more sensitive to secular leftists if the petition authors left off the God bit, but since I feel that I should be allowed to say/write stuff that might offend religious people, I hardly think they should have to cater to my sensibilities in order to win my political solidarity.

Liza