[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 22 02:46:01 PDT 2004

Chris Doss wrote:

> Why is sex the holy of

> holies where everything goes?

There;s the Freudian answer that unconscious complexes make certain

subjects intolerable to discuss critically. Perhaps that's why the

thoughtful piece by Joel Kovel on sadomasochism posted by Pugliese has

I thought the piece which comrade Pugliese posted was spot on. S&M is a human product, a product of class society. In a general sense it was described by Hegel in the Lordship and Bondsman section of the Phenomenology of the Spirit. The point is, of course, to change it.

Best, Mike B)

===== "Philosophy, which once seemed obsolete, lives on because the moment to realize it was missed."

Theodor Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal