[lbo-talk] the petro-thusians have their moment

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Sep 22 05:47:31 PDT 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 5:49 PM, <james at communistbanker.com> wrote:

> the enforced parochialism of a world without cars,

What I wonder about is not doing without cars -- probably some feasible alternative energy sources for ground transportation will appear before long -- but doing without planes.

Somehow I don't imagine solar- or fuel-cell-powered aircraft being a big success. How will people fly when oil runs out?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)