[lbo-talk] Poor, Persecuted Fox News

ira glazer ira at yanua.com
Wed Sep 22 12:42:17 PDT 2004

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000639628

Murdoch Says Fox Would Have Been 'Crucified' for Rather Mistake

By Joe Strupp

Published: September 22, 2004 10:03 AM EDT

NEW YORK Rupert Murdoch makes no bones about what he thinks of the CBS Rathergate fallout, hinting that his Fox News network would have gotten slammed worse. "If it had been us, we would have been crucified," he told E&P during Tuesday night's party at New York's Four Seasons restaurant celebrating the return of Parade magazine in Murdoch's New York Post. "All of the traditional media is against us."

Murdoch went on to differentiate his news empire, which includes the Fox News Channel and dozens of other media outlets, with most U.S. news organizations. "The traditional media in this country is in tune with the elite, not the people," he said while holding court at the gathering. "That is why we're not liked by the traditional media. That's not us."