Beat me just once a week Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Sex, Kink and Ick

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Sep 22 17:06:28 PDT 2004

I don't know. It seems like something like a consensual compromise was offered (though not accepted by the judge): a once-a-week beating. The notion that a manly man secures respect by beating his wife; the notion that a woman is truly loved if her husband bothers to beat her....these are still commonplaces in many parts of the world and consensually practiced. I'm from Romania; it's not all that uncommon there.

A repressed, commie prude might argue that there's something "wrong" here, but well, here we go again.

Joanna