[lbo-talk] Re: Sex, Kink and Ick

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 20:46:24 PDT 2004

At 10:48 PM 9/22/2004, Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

>Kelley writes:
>
>BD: >the desire for a woman is genetic.
> > not all of us who are queer consider this to be true.
>
>Could you explain this further for me. Thanks.

http://www.queerbychoice.com/ (dang, a web master is stuck in 1996! that site design is scary!)

from the site, among other things: Many people mistakenly believe that the term "queer theory" is just a synonym for "gay & lesbian studies." In reality, queer theory is a very specific subset of gay & lesbian studies which is based, as this website explains, on "the idea that identities are not fixed and do not determine who we are." The term was coined by Teresa de Lauretis in 1990.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'