[lbo-talk] Re: We Need More Jews!

bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Thu Sep 23 00:24:59 PDT 2004

All this could be gleaned from the Zogby International surveys completed in Oct. 2002 and July 2003, of Jewish and Arab Americans, done jointly for the Arab American Institute and Peace Now.

To look at the survey:

http://www.peacenow.org/nia/pr/aaiapnpoll.pdf

(bear in mind that the date at the top of the document, which says July 2002 should say 2003)

While the 'Pro-Israel' Lobby in the US is very vocal and tries to (and does a pretty good job) of projecting as truth the falacy that they are the legitimate spokespeople for the American Jewish community, of a unified Jewish front with the whole American Jewish community behind them, and that the Arab American communities are rabidly against any form of practical solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, the actual situation is much more complex, tending quite heavily towards the contrary.

If anything, it is these lobbyists who are the extremist minority...

Bryan