[lbo-talk] Philosophy of Science & Sex, Kink and Ick

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Thu Sep 23 11:27:09 PDT 2004

Carrol and Doug:

>> It is really quite absurd to attempt to predict what sexual behavior
>> would be like in post-capitalist society. Mao again, "Marxists have
no
>> crystal ball."
>
> He'd be shocked to learn that China is now the #1 target for foreign
> direct investment, having surpassed the U.S., wouldn't he? Still
> waiting for that analysis of what went wrong with his revolution.

I dunno...but if you look at Mao's regime as a brutal expropriation of small holders from their land resulting in the creation of an industrial proletariat, it seems like a straightforward case of primitive accumulation, culminating in capitalist production in a previously agricultural nation.

Curtiss