[lbo-talk] We Need More Jews!

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Sep 23 11:44:31 PDT 2004

Alan Jacobson wrote:

>I have never heard about this before. Am I judaically
>illiterate or is this obscure? Or both?
>
>--- Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
>(planting the seeds for the last great Jewish state,
>the Khazar empire, which lasted from the eighth
>century CE until the Mongol invasions of the
>eleventh-twelfth centuries).

The sources for the Khazar Empire are outlined in Arthur Koestler's excellent book "The Thirteenth Tribe." The case for deported Israelites in its ancestry is outlined by Immanuel Velikovsky in an essay entitled "Beyond the Mountains of Darkness." If Koestler is right about a Khazar origin of East-European ashnenazim then Velikovsky is strongly supported by the discovery (a decade or so ago) that there are genetic links among cohanim of all "races" all over the world.

Shane Mage

"Mortals immortals, immortals mortals,

living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62