[lbo-talk] Re: Queer Theory, was Re: Sex, Kink and Ick

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Sep 23 19:39:11 PDT 2004

At 8:01 PM -0400 23/9/04, MRDelucia at aol.com wrote:

>This, of course, goes against any hope of a classless society, eh?
>Does anyone have any thoughts on a Marxist criticism of such an
>argument? Hopefully it isnt too abstract?

Your hopes are in vain, the argument is hopelessly abstract and incomprehensible. Perhaps if it was translated from high jargon into English it might make some sense, but I seriously doubt it. After all, if there was any substance to the "arguments", then you would have been able to convey that meaning plainly and simply.

>Any criticism I've seen of this rests, as I mentioned, on
>psychoanalysis but I'm curious to hear of other approaches?

I could attempt to criticise it in similarly impenetrable and confused jargon of my own invention. But first i would need some evidence that it is worthy of the effort. Of course you wouldn't have the faintest idea what I was talking about anyhow, but I gather that is the point of such debate.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas