[lbo-talk] Eat shit and die, was United against a Pro-War Democrat

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Sep 24 09:12:02 PDT 2004

I also think that, like plenty of people even on this list, they think the us has to fix what it broke. to walk away now would surely mean a country in chaos.

Now, if plenty of folks on _this_ list believed that (and may still, I don't know), then surely yer average Demlicant believes it. I suspect that many lefties who supported the us staying there to 'fix what it broke' no longer think so.

kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'

Here's the missing point: Fixing what we broke is not mainly a military task. It's a question of law and money. The United States owes Iraq a shitload of war reparations money. We conducted an illegal invasion after putting Saddam in power and sending him money and guns. We should be forced to shower Iraq with money and nice, new roads, buildings, schools, hospitals, museums, etc.

You won't ever, ever, ever hear this from a DP "leader."