[lbo-talk] Eat shit and die, was United against a Pro-War Democrat

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Fri Sep 24 11:43:19 PDT 2004

Quoting Michael Dawson <MDawson at pdx.edu>:

> So, Luke believes the United States attacks Cuba, Nicaragua, Venezuela, and
> Vietnam for honorable reasons -- to block bad regimes that would hurt their
> own people and confuse others.
>
> Such is the price of the Kennedy cult. Sick, very sick.

What's sick (well, OK, sick is too strong an adjective) is your penchant for putting words in the mouths of others.

I'll go over this briefly: claiming that the US government wasn't worried about the creation of communist utopias isn't equivalent to claiming that they attacked actually existing revolutionary movements and states for "honorable" reasons. To illustrate, the Bushies certainly didn't think that Iraq under Saddam was going to become a wonderful place to live, but that didn't stop them from going to war for reasons of dubious (at best) honor.

-- Luke