[lbo-talk] Eat shit and die, was United against a Pro-War Democrat

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 13:06:12 PDT 2004

In an Original Message To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 11:25 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Eat shit and die, was United against a Pro-War Democrat

lweiger at umich.edu stated: My point wasn't that it was a good idea to bomb the hell out of SE Asia. But it wasn't a plot to wreck the economy of a future communist state--rather, it was an idiotic plot to show that the US would oppose communist revolution with massive firepower.

~~~~~~~~ [lcm] I believe the average American of the times would have thought that all three actions listed above would have been *just fine* with them. But let's talk about money... Money is being made selling that "massive firepower" to other nation-states, not necessarily by using the weapons in war, or achieving ideological/territorial advantage. I believe the MilIndTechEd complex *has* learned to utilize chaos and war as a means to skim money and resources from the afflicted region even without the ideological/territorial gains, but the "sheeple" of the US are deadset on winning the "ideology war", without even knowing which ideology they are supporting.

For the USSR, the Vietnam war was probably a money maker for their industries as well. Unless we would choose to believe that they gave those MIGs and SAMs, et al. to the the Vietnamese at no cost.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com