[lbo-talk] Eat shit and die, was United against a Pro-War Democrat

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 24 14:55:39 PDT 2004

> So why do you think they spilled so much blood and treasure?

>Because they thought a successful revolution in Vietnam would lead to
>revolutions in other SE Asian countries and maybe elsewhere as well.

And that's the nub of it right there. Wrapping things up in crap like 'domino theory' gave a nice name to the fear of 'losing' SE Asia they way Eastern Europe and China were 'lost' in the 1940's and '50's. A succesful revolution in Vietnam was seen as a precursor to that. Throw in some anti-colonial sentiments and there's the rationale for the price paid.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon