[lbo-talk] anti-Suburban snobs, was petro-thusians

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Sep 24 20:51:25 PDT 2004

Don't be too thankful yet. What do you think agribusiness does with that water? You think Allen Andreas takes a bath every hour in a huge tub to waste water or perhaps it's used it to grow things that people consume? If it weren't for industry everyone would all the natural resources to build stuff themselves? If OTR trucks doubled their mileage all would be sound? What a load of drek. It isn't just agribusiness or just SUV's it is waste and unsustained growth everywhere. Any single item you point to is insignificant, it's the whole picture that needs repair. Don't worry folks, keep consuming. It's the bad guys at ADM, Monsanto, and GE's fault but we'll give them a thorough tongue lashing and that will take care of that! Why personalize any of the problems when blaming them all on a "corporate bogeyman" is so much easier. GM, along with effective advertising, certainly is responsible for a share of the problem that is bigger than mine but I can hardly abdicate all responsibility.

John Thornton