[lbo-talk] MWM, take 2

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 25 08:59:06 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The thrust of the march is to measure commitment to non-electoral
>politics (i.e., real politics).

You've said that before. It's almost certain that the turnout will be small, and the measurement of commitment will therefore be small. Do you really want to set yourself up for that?

> Hence the important impact the march can
>have is (a) on the marchers themselves

Is this the circle-jerk theory of politics, to go with the shit happens school of history?

>and (b) on those they talk to
>when they return home.

"Hey man, I went to this march, and there were all these cool people from these revolutionary parties. I learned taht the key is to rise up and smash capitalism. If only we got rid of the labor lieutenants of capital!"

Doug