[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Query]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 25 13:55:27 PDT 2004

When the problem of turning on the water was first discussed on LBO those who thought the u.s. should "fix" the damage it had done scoffed at those of us who claimed that citizen action could have only "long range" effects. Someone in fact queried of either Yoshie or me, "Will that get the water turned on?" Presumably then persons holding that position thought they could bring about more immediate results. That was the context in which I sent the following post a year ago. It would seem to me the query in it is still relevant today.

Carrol

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Query Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:41:46 -0500 From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: "lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>

Have LBO activists gotten the electricity turned on in Iraq yet? Those of us loafing on the sidelines want to have regular reports.

When is the first million person rally to "Get the Water turned on!" scheduled?

Carrol