[lbo-talk] Re: Queer Theory

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Sat Sep 25 18:23:34 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

> The attempt to call Carrol a hypocrite in the last one also failed
> miserably, btw.

Thanks. I'd stupidly thought I was pointing to a contradiction i.e. the first passage claims that there is "choice" while the second claims, in accordance with the kind of "materialism" assumed, that there is "no choice."

I thought I was doing the same with your claims i.e. pointing out that the claim I understood you to have made earlier - there are no objective truths so what I believe to be true can only be true "for me" - contradicts the assertion of the claims about "norms, discourse, practices, institutions" as objectively true as opposed to true just "for you."

Ted