[lbo-talk] Find Osama Sweepstakes

ThatRogersWoman debburz at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 04:49:31 PDT 2004

--- Michael Dawson <mdawson at pdx.edu> wrote:

> God almighty, do you really subscribe to this shit?

God almighty, what crawled up your shorts?

Hell no, I don't "subscribe" to this. I just sarcastically forwarded yet another example of the growing cynical frustration over this administration and the helplessness that so many people feel.

> Why, LBO people, is there so much easy passion about Bush, and so
> little
> effort to change anything that truly matters?

Well, you took a positive step for change by shooting the messenger. Actually, if you'd bothered to look at the site, you'd see that underneath it's own satiric references is the notation that proceeds from the "game" will be donated to Colorado CASA, an organization that helps troubled and abused children. Having been a CASA volunteer myself, I can vouch for the impact and "change [of] anything that truly matters" CASA programs bring.

> Is this Soros money just running amok?

Doubtful. It's hardly a sophisticated site, and it doesn't benefit an organization one usually associates with Soros.

- Deborah R.

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks