[lbo-talk] Ruy Teixeira on why most of the polls are crap

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 07:19:42 PDT 2004

> Isn't there some nostalgia in Russia for the days
> when the USSR was a
> great power?
>
> Doug

Of course. As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, it's very present in pop culture. In fact I would say that reestablishing Russia's previous position is Putin's paramount goal, something he feels almost summoned by history to do.

He said a nice aphorism once: "Whoever does not miss the USSR has no heart. Whoever wants to restore it has no head." I think a lot of people in Russia would agree with that statement.