[lbo-talk] LBO econo-wonks: a request

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Sep 27 11:53:51 PDT 2004

Came across the James Kroeger's web site (http://www.taxwisdom.org). He lays out economic justifications for maintaining and extending progressive income taxes. It looks good to me: lots of simplified ceteris paribus reasoning, like economic models always have, but an interesting argument.

However, this is outside my field, and I can't help but wonder if his arguments stand up to scrutiny. To the econo-wonks on the list (you know who you are), take a look at the web page. Any egregious howlers there?

Miles