[lbo-talk] Elegant Gothic Lolita

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 13:33:10 PDT 2004

<<It could be that the pants are a feminist statement, demanding as they do an ecumenical embrace of body type by wearer and viewer alike, and as such, women are loathe to abandon them.>>

Who is this person not to mention one of the obvious reasons that women wear this? Men (and perhaps women) find it sexy, or at least most of the men I know find it sexy. If there is a political statement being made, it is that women are not afraid to put their sexuality on bold public display. I suspect some of the people who wrote this kind of stuff are prudes.

Thomas

===== The real world gives the subset of what is; the product space represents the uncertainty of the observer. The product space may therefore change if the observer changes; and two observers may legitimately use different product spaces within which to record the same subset of actual events in some actual thing. The "constraint" is thus a relation between observer and thing; the properties of any particular constraint will depend on both the real thing and on the observer. It follows that a substantial part of the theory of organization will be concerned with properties that are not intrinsice to the thing but are relational between observer and thing.

W. Ross Ashby