[lbo-talk] Orange Alert

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 29 13:31:03 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com, Wed Sep 29 11:23:29 PDT 2004:
>3. I feel quite confident that Kerry is already toast. The mediots
>have repeated (among many other Rove mantras) that Kerry is "cold
>and unlikeable", while Bush is "a communicator".

"Well, the terror level on John Kerry's face has been raised to orange. First, he gets the Botox. Now, he's got the rich tan." -- Jay Leno, <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/09/29/politics0616EDT0464.DTL>

"To me it looks like it came out of a bottle or was sprayed on. He's too fair so that's why it looks orange. . . . With all that money he has, he should spend it on a quality tan job." -- Sarh Degaetano, a tanning consultant at Hollywood Tans on Sixth Avenue in Chelsea, <http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/29374.htm>

"If the tan is something you notice, you've gone too far. You should never look at someone and think: 'Wow, that man is tan'" -- Jessica "Kayla" Conrad, a former stripper and author of the self-help book "Dance Naked: A Guide to Unleashing Your Inner Hottie," <http://www.nysun.com/article/2387>

"Repubs are already spreading rumors about Kerry's tan and speculation as to how well he'll withstand the severe lighting." -- Evan, <http://www.alternet.org/election04/2004/09/002512.html>

Kerry, Bush Put on Orange Alert Sunless Tanning Manufacturer Supplying Both Candidates with New Sunless Tanning Misters for Last Leg of Presidential Campaign

CHICAGO, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The question on everyone's mind this week is whether the Wisconsin sun or an ineffective sunless tanning product has turned presidential candidate John Kerry's face from flesh color to a rich pumpkin hue.

Either way, it's crucial that Kerry and President George W. Bush look their best this last month on the campaign trail, as voters have been swayed in the past based on physical appearances (think Nixon vs. Kennedy).

In an effort to keep the candidates bronzed rather than orange, Chase Products Co. -- inventor of the first aerosol hair spray -- today is sending Kerry and President Bush a month's supply of its new SALON SOLATTE(TM) Tanning Mist, which contains two exclusively refined sugars -- the FDA-approved tanning additive dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and erythrulose -- as active ingredients that when combined with white tea extracts and aloe react with amino acids in the skin's surface cells to darken without damage, creating a safe and natural looking tan. . . .

<http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040929/cgw047_1.html> -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>