[lbo-talk] Kink, Ick & the Left /sexual /

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Sep 29 14:15:06 PDT 2004

From: Miles Jackson

Believe it or not, I agree with your main point: racism is more historically entrenched in our social order than heterosexism. However, this is completely consistent with my argument: I'm not saying that heterosexism is just as important or pervasive or disabling as racism, I'm saying it's one of the forms of social stratification in our society, like sexism or racism or sizism or ablism. In my view, this is an obvious claim based on a pile of data. I don't see why you want to have a pissing contest about which group is most victimized.

^^^^^^^ CB: My part in initiating this thread was to say that I could go with "homophobia" , but not "heterosexism"... Then at some point you said "CB's post kinda reminds me of the recent Gallup poll that reported whites' perception that racism is not that big of a problem in our society anymore." I said I don't think such a comparison is politically correct. I'm not pissing. I'm arguing.