[lbo-talk] So anyway, the Progressive Income Tax...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 30 10:18:08 PDT 2004

<linette at taxwisdom.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:35 , Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> sent:
>
>>What evidence do you have that the arguments of economists were ever a
>>major influence on policy. It seems rather that from the 17th c. on the
>>arguments of the economists always _followed_ rather than precipitated
>>economic and political practice.
>
>Since I am not well versed in economic history, I cannot debate your point.

Warning: you have stepped into a minefield consisting of several of Carrol Cox's personal obsessessions. What's going to happen in politics just happens, and no amount of rational argumentation matters. Nor is there any point in trying to persuade anyone to come around to your point of view. Don't take it personally - he's like this with everyone.

Doug