[lbo-talk] dirty bombs: a fraud

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Sep 30 10:46:06 PDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 at 1:12pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>
> >Plutonium dust may cause lung and bone cancer.
>
> Again, assuming the Popbitch rendition of the BBC special is
> accurate, then I have to think that the BBC knows at least as much
> about radiation risks and the dispersion of toxins by dirty bombs as
> you do. So maybe we should wait to see what they have to say before
> we jump to our own conclusions.

More to the point, the scarey stories we are told my our rulers and their mouthpieces at CBS, CNN, NYT, the DNC etc is that medical and other industrial radioactive waste can be used to make effective dirty bombs. Since this stuff is much easier to get than plutonium, we should be extra scared. If you have u238 or pl, why not build a real nukular bomb anyway?

-- no Onan

Truth is the most valuable thing we have - so let us economize it.

-- Mark Twain