[lbo-talk] Maximise or satisfice?

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 30 15:23:09 PDT 2004

> why do i say what i say about roy? i have to first off admit that some
> of my motivation is just irritation -- i dislike her style of prose

All a matter of taste. I rather liked the text myself. Roy is very, very conscious about resisting the barrage of cliches about Third World immigrants reinventing their happy selves via First World consumerism.

> in particular, the
> fanciful text of her speeches (she called donald rumsfeld 'the prince of
> darkness', whatever that means)

I believe the Elvish term is "Morgul-lord".

> is analytically weak and aids the
> opposition with easy targets.

Easy targets are fine, just as long as the particle beam weapon is aimed in the right direction.

-- DRR