[lbo-talk] Churchill Sets Limits on Academic Freedom of Speech

Thomas Brown browntf at HAL.LAMAR.EDU
Fri Apr 1 16:06:44 PST 2005

Boulder - Ward Churchill is unapologetic.

He didn't plagiarize anyone's work, he says. He didn't misrepresent himself as an American Indian. And he didn't untruthfully accuse the U.S. Army of intentionally spreading smallpox to Indians in 1837.

"Somewhere along the line, I'm going to sue for damages," he said Wednesday of those allegations. When asked whom he would sue, he replied, "I haven't played that part out yet. It may go in several directions."

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2790866,00.html