[lbo-talk] Churchill Sets Limits on Academic Freedom of Speech

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Apr 2 11:36:42 PST 2005

Doug's interview with Jon Wiener provided ample permission that many prominent historians have done far worse than what Mr. Brown accuses Churchill of committing. I cannot imagine how singling out Churchill at this time could be anything other than a political tactic or a means of catapulting one's career at the expense of somebody who is vulnerable at the time. In either case, I cannot have much sympathy for Mr. Brown's crusade.