[lbo-talk] Zizek nuptuals/age thing

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 16:17:06 PST 2005

Why is this age difference between couples so important in the West? Over here, no one gives a flying fuck about a 50-year-old man marrying an 18-year-old woman, for example (beyond thinking that he must be a lucky guy.) This Western age fixation is weird. I'm 34, and went on a date with a 21-year-old woman (Armenian) the other day, for instance, and over here it is considered perfectly normal. My cloest friend in Russia is married to a woman 20 years younger than he is -- here's 42, she's 22. They started dating when she was 17. It's NORMAL over here. Why are you guys so overworought about Zizek marrying a younger woman?

Nu, zayats, pogodi!