[lbo-talk] Linux, was New Imperialism? Imperialism has been monopoly

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 16:46:36 PST 2005

Joanna:

Ravi, Chuck, anyone, are there good UNIX books?

=====================

These are books I've recommended to colleagues with pleasant results (i.e. they didn't demand a refund from me for recommending material that sucked):

The Complete Idiot's Guide To UNIX (quite comprehensive, actually)

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0789718057/qid=1112488307/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-2860614-6657714?v=glance&s=books

UNIX Complete (I really like this book a lot)

<http://www.bookpool.com/sm/078212528X >

Teach Yourself UNIX in 24 hours

<http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0672321270 >

Learning The UNIX Operating System

<http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0596002610 >

UNIX Bible

<http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0764546872 >

I suggest starting with the "Complete Idiot's Guide..." then moving to "UNIX Complete". The rest are not bad but those two really get the job done for beginners.

.d.