[lbo-talk] Zizek nuptuals/age thing

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sat Apr 2 20:24:20 PST 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

> Why is this age difference between couples so

> important in the West?

Over there in far Rooshia do you ever see any men dating women who are older than they are? Here in America it seems like a guy seeing a younger woman is at worst only slightly disreputable while the other way around is more so. When I was first dating my wife a couple of people I know thought it was weird that I was seeing a woman who was older than I - we're not talking 42 vs. 22 but only four years, hardly a significant difference I think, yet some people still kind of looked askance.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net