[lbo-talk] Zizek nuptuals/age thing

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 03:50:44 PDT 2005

I wrote:

> Not nearly as often, but it happens. My (Russian,
> female) roommate is 25 and was dating a French
> exchange student who was 20 for a while. To him,
> that
> was an unfathomable age difference.

Come to think of it, my roomie is a case in point. Her mom was 30 years younger than her dad. Her half-brother, from a different mother, is in his 50s. Her mom's favorite song is a Soviet piece about a woman and an older man, which reminds her of him. (He passed away about 15 years ago; he was old enough to have been in GULAG, which he in fact was.)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!