[lbo-talk] Now, even Hollywood's outsourcing to India

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 08:58:47 PDT 2005

Now, even Hollywood's outsourcing to India

IANS[ SATURDAY, APRIL 02, 2005 06:41:05 PM]

BANGALORE: Glitzy, dazzling, multibillion-dollar Hollywood is keen on outsourcing animation work from Indian studios in a big way, says the producer of the blockbuster "Lord Of The Rings". Barrie M. Osborne, who also produced "The Matrix", said here that he was in touch with some Indian studios working in the field of animation and digital special effects for undertaking specific works. "We might collaborate with some of the Indian studios in the near future for doing digital visual effects and animation work," Osborne said. Osborne, who is visiting India for the first time, however, declined to name the animation firms he was in discussion with. "I think the talent is here. The artistry and rich cultural heritage of India offer a great opportunity for the Indian animation industry to work for Hollywood," Osborne affirmed.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1067409.cms