[lbo-talk] Personal Attacks vs Ad hominem dishonesty

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 3 13:51:41 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Isn't it about time to quit giving this slimeball free space in the
>lbo-archives?

I've been debating this with myself since he first showed up. As is clear, I don't like Brown one bit. I've actually been restrained in my use of language in dealing with Brown; several times I've typed the word "scumbag," only to delete it in an attempt to stay on the high road. While I encourage a diversity of views on this list, I don't welcome publicists for reactionaries. So if he were just some generic hack I might have thrown him off promptly. But I've actually found his presence here useful - he's confirmed my suspicions of what a bottom-feeder he is. So in that sense I'm glad to have it all on the record.

But I think I've had about enough. Any final words, Prof Brown?

Doug