[lbo-talk] NRA: We need more guns in our schools

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 3 15:41:47 PDT 2005

Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Talk about a crackpot theory. You're saying that because 47 MILLION
> USers don't have health care, fewer than the number of fingers you have
> of them shoot up a school or a church now and again?
>
> You have some evidence that tragedies like Columbine are systemic
> problems? Let's see it.

I didn't think Moore was making the point this specifically. The idea I got was that US society is more competitive and insecure. The issue of health care showing that Canadians see a problem like this as something to be solved by all of society and the US favors a cowboy Go-it- alone solution. If you feel you are a part of society rather than a collection of competing individuals you might be less likely to shoot someone. Certainly not a crackpot idea.

John Thornton