[lbo-talk] Inconvenient facts

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Apr 4 00:08:25 PDT 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

> It's also about what you do and say to retrieve the baby from the
> bathwater

There's no baby. Brown dismissed Churchill's entire career as a scholar on the basis of one mangled footnote. He offered no further evidence to back up his claim. As a published scholar myself, I can't even begin to take his charges seriously. Brown talked a lot about being objective, but I think the real issue was that he has a severe personal dislike for grandstanding personalities, and Churchill's egoism rubbed him the wrong way.

-- DRR