[lbo-talk] Fwd: lbo-talk unsubscribe notification

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Apr 4 09:08:53 PDT 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

> The main issues in the Churchill Affair are two: 1) does Churchill speak for
> the left on 911?; and 2) does somebody gets to say what he said about 911
> and keep a very cushy professorial job. Churchill and the right concur on
> the former and disagree on the latter.

Churchill does speak for much of the left on 9/11, hence the widespread support for him that goes beyond the academic freedom issues.

Churchill's views are actually quite middle of the road on the left. What many of us refuse to talk about are the great number of our friends who applauded the 9/11 attacks, especially radical people of color. You all know what was said by these people in the minutes, hours, and days after 9/11. We don't like to talk about this and our comrades have been discreet about this, but let's not act like Churchill holds the most extreme views about 9/11 in our ranks.

Chuck