[lbo-talk] Zizek nuptuals/age thing

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 09:14:18 PDT 2005

--- Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not quite Russia, but close enough: my partner is
> from a
> smallish city in Serbia and his family all still
> live there.
> I'm 35, he's 27. If any of them think it's weird
> they've
> done very well to keep me from noticing.

Exactly. Eastern Europeans just don't cognize their social world in that way, at least the ones I know.

Amaricans, on the other hand, live in a time-of-life-based caste system where your partner/friends is/are expected to be a carbon copy of you -- same age, same income level, same educational level, same level of "success." I know this is an exaggeration, but it is true to some extent

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun. http://www.advision.webevents.yahoo.com/emoticontest