[lbo-talk] Now, even Hollywood's outsourcing to India

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 09:48:29 PDT 2005

--- Dennis Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> Funny you should mention Oregon -- I'm not in West
> Linn, but I can vouch
> for the fact that Bollywood flicks are now starting
> to show up in Eugene,
> OR's major video stores. The local alternative video
> place has some good
> stuff, and there's a recently-opened Indian grocery
> which has a
> superlative and reasonably-priced collection.
>
> -- DRR

One of the Moscow TV channels has been showing Bollywood movies every night for the past week or so. It's Bollymania! I always wondered if the Soviet love for Indian pop culture was reciprocated -- if Alla Pugacheva records were being bought or the (often hilarious) Soviet comedies being shown in India?

On a tangentially related note, I discovered yesterday in the Russian edition of Newsweek that the blockbuster Russian vampire flic Nochnoi Dozor, to which Hollywood by the US rights to a year ago, has started filming in its American version. It's starring Keanu!