[lbo-talk] For Carl R. & Wojtek

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:22:26 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> Heck, I can't even remember the last time someone tried to plow in front of
> me in a grocery line. And yell at a cashier? Pshaaaaw. In the south, you
> just say, "Why bless yo' heart...." :p

I don't live in the South -- but Kelley's post is a pretty accurate description of my experience in central Illinois. I have roughly 53 years experience grocery shopping, and I don't off hand remember more than two or three rude clerks/cashiers and only a sprinkling of rude customers. That covers shopping in Arlington Virginia, Ann Arbor Michigan, Marquette Michigan, & Bloomington/Normal Illinois.

There are too many people on this list whose politics consists solely of bellyaching about their fellow workers.

Carrol