[lbo-talk] Inconvenient facts

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Apr 4 15:02:06 PDT 2005

joanna bujes

Whatever 9/11 was, it wasn't roosting chickens. The attack had a lot more in common with the wermacht bombing London than with the October revolution. And yes, Hitler was biting the hand that had previously fed him. My sense of 9/11 is that it was blowback from our anti-soviet jihad strategy, aided and abetted by the U.S. and Israel. To cast the 9/11 perpetrators as anti-imperialist freedom fighters will not help the left in any way.

^^^^^^ CB: How can it be totally dismissed that 9/11 was U.S. foreign policy coming home to roost ? Even "blowback" contains a large element of "coming home to roost". The perpetrators were rightwingers and Reagan called them "freedom fighters", but the social milieu they reflected was oppressed colonialist nations.

The fact that this truth won't understood when heard by USers from U.S. based leftwingers is a different issue.