[lbo-talk] re NYU Students Block CIA Recruiters

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Tue Apr 5 11:50:27 PDT 2005

A planned CIA recruiting event at New York University (NYU) was cancelled after the Campus Antiwar Network (CAN) called a protest demanding the CIA abandon its recruiting program at NYU. 20 hours before the recruiting event was scheduled to begin, its organizers sent an email to all those who had registered, headlined, "The CIA Speaker Event scheduled for Thursday, March 31 @6PM has been CANCELLED due to the possibility of a protest by the Campus Antiwar Network.""

--Next year is the 20th anniversary of a similar blockade of CIA recruiters at Fordham University...I'm trying to get the 'Fordham 9' to do a panel talk on the action's anniversary next year at Fordham... Fordham was the alma mater of Bill Casey. In my moments of greater delusions of self-grandeur I like to think we were responsible for his demise...

Steve