[lbo-talk] Stuck on a desert island

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Tue Apr 5 17:41:13 PDT 2005

and tully wrote:

> Stand Up and Benefit are fantastic albums...Witch's

> Promise, Sweet Dream, Dr. Bogenbroom, Nursie, Raising

> Steam, Crossword, Undressed to Kill, King Henry's

> Madrigal, Acres Wild, Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow

> are some of my favorites.

...yeah yeah sure y'all are talking some good stuff and I know you don't want to seem too obvious or anything, but come on: Cross-Eyed Mary, Hymn 43, Locomotive Breath, _Aqualung_. "But for Christ's sake he'd better start looking." Who in pop music these days pours love over emphysemic old parkbench bums? (Or out of pop music, for that matter.) And after Mick Abrahams left Tull he wrote "Walk on the Water" for Blodwyn Pig. What was up with those guys and Christianity, anyway?

yrs wdk