[lbo-talk] Abstinence in the Swamp

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:31:06 PDT 2005

Once upon a time, there was an aspiring investor who scrimped and saved up money to make a profitable investment. When the money was finally there, the investor purchased land, seeds, tools, animals, and other farm equipment. The investor arranged everything carefully in the barn and shouted "I've saved!" Time passed, and the tools were still there. The seeds were still in there sacks. "Where, oh where, is my profit?," cried the investor. "Have I forgotten something?"

Yes, the labor theory of value is a Great Swamp of unreason and sophistry...

Automobiles, meanwhile, are wonders of efficiency, as economics confirms...