[lbo-talk] Soviet planners

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 11:03:49 PDT 2005

Poorly phrased question on my part. What Daniel says is true. There was an effort to try to use labor values for planning. It was a disaster, generally recognized as such. Apart from all the other reasons this would have to be so, one is that in a nonmarket economy, a planned you wouldn't have prices that were proportional to values, the LV would not, in fact, operate.

So the real question is: did any of the valuable, constructive, salvagable work on a planned economy that was done by the planners, linear programmers and such in these societies make non-windowdressing use of Marxist categories? Some of it had to be thrown in there for political-ideological reasons or reasons of personal safety.